Child Support FAQ

  1. How do I get an order for paternity and/or child support?
  2. Do I need an attorney to get an order for support?
  3. Does the FOC and the judge have to use the child support formula?
  4. Where and how do I make payments?
  5. How do I obtain payment information?
  6. How are payments disbursed?
  7. How do I change my address and employment information?
  8. When does child support start?
  9. Can I receive child support after my child reaches age 18?
  10. My child turned 18 and/or graduated from high school and I am still paying child support. Why?
  11. If I have been paying my child support and the custodial parent is not allowing parenting time, do I have to keep paying support?
  12. The other parent is not paying support as ordered. What can I do?
  13. The payer’s employer states that the support payment was mailed to the FOC, but I haven’t received it yet.
  14. Can I pay the other parent directly?
  15. If I am receiving public assistance (TANF or FIP), do I still get child support?
  16. How may I apply for a change in child support?
  17. How do I report a lost or stolen check?
  18. What if the check was missing over a year ago?
  19. Will support be modified if the payer is in jail or prison?
  20. How do I start income withholding?
  21. What are service fees?