This site provides information on how to access Third Judicial Circuit of Michigan public court case records through Odyssey Public Access (OPA). Documents filed by parties are not currently accessible online.
The Third Judicial Circuit of Michigan offers electronic access to public case records through public access kiosks located in the lower level of the Coleman A. Young Municipal Center, 2 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, MI. In person counter access to locally-stored, public case records in paper form.
Please read and acknowledge these terms before using OPA to access court records:
Please acknowledge that you have read and accept the above terms and limitations, and that you agree to use the OPA website subject to such terms.
- 1.Unofficial records - The information available on OPA is provided as a service and is not considered an official court record. The Third Judicial Circuit of Michigan does not certify OPA records or search results and is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the data found on OPA.
- 2.Limited case record information - The information available on OPA is limited to case search results, registers of action, and civil judgments for publicly accessible court case records. Electronic copies of public documents are not available at this time through OPA.
- 3.OPA should not be used for background checks.
- 4.CAUTION: Name searches can be unreliable - Use caution in evaluating OPA data, as the person for whom you have searched could have the same name, birth date, or other identifiers as another individual. Even if you believe your search has returned the correct match and the information appears to be about the person for whom you have searched, remember that:
two or more people can have the same name and birth date and
- criminal offenders frequently use aliases, including the names of others.
- 5.You are responsible for understanding the meaning of the case record information that you view through OPA and for the appropriate and lawful use of such information. If you have any questions regarding the meaning of case information on OPA, please contact Third Judicial Circuit Court Administration. You are also responsible for determining whether any case record information previously obtained from OPA is still accurate, current, and complete.
- 6.If you see any Errors on OPA, please notify the Wayne County Clerk’s Office.
- 7.Please read our notices & instructions for more information before using OPA.